Visiting another continent in a day and discovering a country like Morocco is possible thanks to the excursion "A day in Tetouan".
Itinerary of the excursion
- At around 9:00 am, the bus arrives in Algeciras to take the ferry to Ceuta (45 minutes).
- Once in Ceuta (around 10:00h), the excursion will begin with a panoramic view of the city of Ceuta. You will go to the border point with your documents ready.
- In Tetouan you will spend 5 hours with the local guide and you will visit the most iconic streets of the city such as the old Jewish quarter (Mellah) and areas such as Hassan II Square. You will also visit the souk of Tetouan and the Medina of Tetouan (UNESCO World Heritage Site).
- After lunch you will continue your visit to the commercial area of Tetouan for shopping and to visit the typical Moroccan Berber farmhouse.
- The guide will indicate the time and place of pick up for the return to Ceuta and at 20:30 h we will embark to Algeciras.
- Arrival in Algeciras will be around 21:00 - 21:30 h, leaving for the Costa del Sol around that time.
Information about the excursion
- Duration: 12 to 18 hours.
- Pick up option from: Málaga Centro, Torremolinos, Benalmádena, Fuengirola, Marbella, Estepona or Gibraltar.
- Passport required.
- Clothes that cover shoulders.
- To avoid queues when crossing the border into Morocco, please write in Remarks the profession of each passenger.
- Arrive at the pick-up point 10 minutes early.
- Not recommended for families with small children and pushchairs.
- The scheduled ferry timetable can be altered and is not up to us, extending the duration of the excursion.
- The time at the border between Spain and Morocco depends on the Moroccan authorities and can be delayed and lengthen the duration of the excursion.
- If you choose the "Port of Algeciras" pick-up option, the meeting point is: Puerta Principal Estación Marítima Algeciras.
From 23 March to 21 April is the date for Ramadan.
For these significant dates, here are a few tips:
- Shops usually open from 11:00h to 12:00h and reopen at 16:00h.
- The sale of liquor is complicated
- The frequency of transport in the city is reduced
- Restaurants serve dinner after 20:30h.
- The fasting hours from 4:00 am to 7:30 pm must be respected.
- If you are a non-Muslim, you are asked not to eat, drink or smoke in public places; it is recommended that you do so next to your guide.